Hey Dolls!! So, I’m not going to lie I’ve been wanting to add sheet mask to my skincare routine and my online store for a while now, but I was a little scared. My biggest fear was what if I use it and it breaks my skin out. Well I decided to test them and let me tell you it did not break out my skin. As you all know my skin was giving me all kinds of trouble a few months back and come to find out it was due to lack of hydration. Once I found out my face needed hydration, I added the 7-skin method to my beauty routine. You guys know I’m so in love with Korean Skin care!! Basically the 7-skin method gives your skin 7 layers of hydration. My end result was bouncy supple skin!! Okay, so let’s get back to sheet mask!! Now that the temperature has changed my skin began to scream for even more hydration. So, I had to try the Korean Sheet mask.
I’m pretty sure you have seen them while scrolling through your social media feeds. Korean Sheet Mask have taken selfie-loving Americans by storm!! Why is just about everyone obsessed with them? It’s not like Sheet mask are new, they have actually been around for over a decade in Korea (you know we are always late to the party). Their popularity can be explained not just because they’re highly photogenic, but also because, people are seeing results and they’re pretty affordable. For many Korean face sheet masks are the gateway item into the world of Korean beauty and skincare. It’s like getting an inexpensive mini facial. They give your skin intense hydration, suppleness, and brightening effects in less 30 minutes. Sheet masks can range in functions, materials, ingredients, but I’ll save that for my next blog post. Today I’m just going to tell you how to use them.
Where do sheet masks fit into your beauty routine? There is no right or wrong way to use them because every skin type is different and what works for one skin type may not fit another skin type. Typically, the recommended routine is to cleanse, tone, sheet mask and then moisturize afterwards.
How-To Sheet Mask:
- Remove mask from the package. Start with a clean face. It’s best to start with a clean face, washing your face and then toning is always a good idea. This helps prep your skin to absorb the amazing ingredients that will follow in the next step. You can skip your Essence because sheet mask often replaces this step, but it’s completely up to you!!
- Unfold the sheet mask and place it on your face aligning the holes to your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Sit back and relax for 15-25 minutes. I know you may be tempted to keep it on longer than the said time, but don’t do it. If you keep the sheet mask on your face after it becomes dry, it starts to have the opposite effect and will draw moisture away from your skin. Now that’s really scary….
- Peel off the mask and discard the sheet mask.
- Gently pat the essence into your face for maximum absorption.
- Moisturize afterwards to seal in all of the nutrients. There’s extra essence in the bag, should you throw it away? No, don’t throw it away! The leftover essence can be used all over the arms, neck, elbows, and knees for extra moisture and nutrition.
Alright Guys those are my tips on how to use sheet mask!! I've linked my favorite sheet mask below.