How To Prevent Acne If You Workout
Hey, Guys It's been a while since my last blog post but your girl has been a little busy. Since my last post I have had a few people reach out to me asking questions about my skin, workout routines, and the foods I eat. The number one question I get is how I care for my skin before and after my workouts.
As you guys know I thought my workouts were causing my skin to be red, raw and irritated, but little did I know it was just my skin care products. Before I found out that it was my skincare products, I became very anal when it came to my skin and my workouts. I take really good care of my skin, and the single best thing I’ve done for my complexion is getting monthly facials. Since I do get monthly facials I have learned what products work for me, and my skin care routine at home is BOMB. Yes, you are still required to take care of your skin at home!!
I learned that it is so important to cleanse before you workout especially, if you go to the gym after work or at the end of the day because your face is already dirty. We already have dirt, oil, bacteria, pollution, skin care products, sunscreen, and some of us have makeup on your skin. When you add that with sweat it can increase the risk of clogged pores and acne.I know we all want to record our workouts, but unless your getting paid for it or you're trying to start a fitness business I would definitely workout without any makeup on.
Here are a few tips that I thought I would share with you on how I take care of my skin before and after my workout !!
1. Remove all makeup, moisturizers and other oils before working out. If you don't have time to wash your face you can use a wet towel or Micellar Water if you are not at home. I place cotton rounds/gauze in a zip lock bag and pour Micellar Water over them. I keep them in my bag so I always have them to clean my face. If you are working out outside don't forget to reapply your sunscreen.
2. If you are prone to back or other body breakouts make sure you exercise wearing clothing that allows your skin to breath and doesn’t trap sweat against your skin.
3. Make sure you have a towel on hand. Softly pat your skin dry to remove excess sweat. Don’t rub. Vigorous rubbing can irritate pores, causing inflammation and breakouts.
4. As soon as you finish working out wipe your face off with your Micellar wipes. Even if you are headed home after your workout wipe your face off. If you workout at home as soon as you finish working out wash your face. You also want to shower as soon as you can after your workout to remove excess sweat and oil. If you don't have time to shower right after, then make sure you change your clothing.
5. Have you heard of " acne mechanica" which is acne caused by heat and /or rubbing on the skin. It can develop anywhere on your face or body and common causes are the friction from wiping your face with a gym towel, back acne from your sports bra or where athletic equipment sits on the skin like a chin strap from a helmet. Gym equipment can harbor dirt and bacteria so wipe down the equipment before and after you use it. Avoid touching your face and any other areas prone to breakouts while using weights and machines. Wash your hands before and after your workout.
6. Finally, making sure that you stay hydrated during, and after your workout is so important. Dehydration is not good for your skin and certainly won’t help with your breakouts. Sweat irritates your skin and dries it out.
I almost forgot, don't forget to clean your earbuds with rubbing alcohol to prevent blackheads or zits from forming in your ears.
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?