I couldn't just leave you guys hanging without letting you know what you should eat after you workout.
Lets Do a quick recap !!
We all know the importance of working out but working out regularly can also help your mental health, energy levels and even your skin. In order to get the full benefits working our regularly is key, but you have to pay attention to what you put into your body before your workout and after your workout. Most people don’t realize the foods that they put into their bodies can help maximize your performance, but other foods can slow you down and hinder your results. Exercise alone isn’t going to make you look and feel gorgeous — you need to pair your workout with healthy food choices.
Our bodies are just like the cars that we drive without proper fuel, you will not achieve maximum results. Eating the right foods before and after working out can give your body the energy it needs to perform at its highest level and support your fitness goals, whether it’s to tone up, strengthen or get some booty gains.
Here Are A Few Tips to Help You Get Your Best Results for After Your Workout
1. You should eat 15 minutes to an hour after your workout. This is when your body is primed to receive fuel and start the recovery process. If you wait too long to eat after a workout, our energy drops, and our cortisol spikes. What does that mean….Cortisol stores fat and will prevent your muscles from recovering properly. So, it’s important to feed your muscles.
2. After your workout you want to eat high-quality protein. This is essential for muscle development and recovery. If you like to drink protein shakes you want to keep in mind that too much protein can be problematic due to an excess of amino acids that convert to glucose in the body. Yep too much glucose increases insulin and stores fat in the body.
3. Healthy fats help lessen the glucose load and without it, our hormones cannot function properly. In addition to your protein, add high-quality extra virgin olive oil, avocado, coconut oil, grass-fed butter or raw nuts—all of which are anti-inflammatory and good sources of fat. Healthy fats help the skin retain moisture. When people don’t get enough good dietary fat, their skin gets dry and flaky, especially on the arms and stomach.
4. Incorporating above-ground leafy vegetables after a workout will help neutralize the acid that’s released. We want to keep our bodies in a state of alkalinity, otherwise the body will leach calcium from the bones to neutralize.
5. It’s tempting to reach for a treat to reward yourself after a workout, but just as sugar should be avoided before, it should also be avoided after. A high-sugar diet can feed bad bacteria in the stomach and cause a low-grade inflammation that can lead to skin problems, such as breakouts and dermatitis. It’s normal to crave sugar after a workout because [your body] needs replenishing and sugar makes you feel great for a small amount of time. Instead of reaching for sugar grab some water, minerals, protein, fat and phytonutrients.
6. A cocktail or a cup of coffee might feel like a great way the to unwind after working out, but alcohol and caffeine can dehydrate you and you want to rehydrate after your workout. Being mindful of how much you drink can help keep the liver, the body’s main detoxifying organ, in great shape. Keeping your liver healthy will brighten your eyes and even out your skin tone. A little red wine (say 4 ounces) with dinner is fine but avoid hard liquor altogether.
I hope you guys find this helpful. Remember it is so important to learn your body and what your body needs. The more veggies, fruits, beans and legumes you eat, the more efficiently your body will eliminate waste. The fiber in these foods helps reduce inflammation throughout the body. And the antioxidants lower skin’s oxidative stress levels, staving off wrinkles and sun damage. Working out isn’t all about dropping pounds or prepping for your next big event. Regular exercise and eating healthy also gives you a healthy, glowing look and an unmistakable va-va-voom that you just can’t get any other way.