Exercising is great for your skin but many people struggle with breakouts. Exercising boosts circulation and makes you sweat, helps the body get rid of toxins and pushes impurities out of your pores. This sounds great, but breakouts occur when your sweat mixes with oil, dead skin cells and bacteria that can leave your pores clogged. Yep, clogged pores are a one-way ticket to acne breakouts.
As you guys know I thought my workouts were causing my skin to be red, raw and irritated, but little did I know it was just my skin care products. Before I found out that it was my skincare products I became very anal when it came to my skin and my workouts. So, here are a few tips that I thought I would share with you for the best workout skin!!
There are a few simple things that you can do so that your pores don’t become overly clogged during a workout.
1. Remove all makeup, moisturizers and other oils before working out.
2. Make sure you have a towel on hand. Softly pat your skin dry to remove excess sweat. Don’t rub. Vigorous rubbing can irritate pores, causing inflammation and breakouts.
3. If you are prone to back or other body breakouts make sure you exercise wearing clothing that allows your skin to breath and doesn’t trap sweat against your skin. Make sure you change out of your workout clothes as soon as your workout is finished.
4. Shower as soon as you can after your workout to remove excess sweat and oil. If you don't have time to shower right after, then make sure you change your clothing.
5. Gym equipment can harbor dirt and bacteria so wipe down the equipment before and after you use it. Avoid touching your face and any other areas prone to breakouts while using weights and machines. Wash your hands before and after your workout.
I'm sure you know what I'm about to say !! If you are doing an outdoor workout please apply your sun screen. Also, make sure you stay hydrated during your workout it is so important. Dehydration is not good for your skin and certainly won’t help with your breakouts.